A big thank you to Ambition in the City for nominating me for the Liebster Award – this is totally kool (I am having a Sally Field’s moment) albeit on a much much smaller scale. “My blog is liked – it’s really really liked“. You have made my week.
Rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 bloggers who you feel deserve to be noticed. These blogs must have 200 followers or less. Leave a comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been nominated by you.
4. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog. Post all the items listed in item 2 on your blog also.
My Responses to Ambition in the City
1.Whats the best book you’ve read recently?
This is a book from a friend of mine Bill’s Im-Perfect Time Management Adventure by Francis Wade. It is a very informative business fable that I highly recommend.
2.Why do you blog?
I blog because – what a big question – how much space do I have. I blog to express myself (how cliché), but I do. Ever so often the writing bug’s venom builds up and I have to release it in a blog post 🙂
3. What have you learned recently that you would like to share with others?
Yoga is AWESOME – see my post – My yoga Challenge
4.If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go and why?
Italy – for the food and art of course 🙂
5.What would you say is your greatest accomplishment in life thus far?
Getting an education
6.What is your favorite childhood toy?
My Mr Pooh bear – I still had it until a few years ago too. I miss you Mr. Pooh
7.What’s your favorite season?
Summer of course – I was born and still live on the beautiful island of Jamaica – so I better love summer – lol
8.What’s one or your favorite family traditions?
Christmas Sorrel (a Jamaican Christmas drink)
9. What’s one of your favorite guilty pleasures?
Paranormal Romance Novels – give me the vampires, werewolves, dragons, shape-shifters, demons etc – I’m a sucker for a dark damaged but powerful hero
10. What did you have for dinner?
Chicken Choy Suey and Rice and Peas (Gungo Peas) – My “Sunday-Monday” (Caribbean people know what I’m talking about)
11.What do you want to be when you grow up?
A vampire – that was my answer when I was 6 years old and I’m sticking with it
11 Random Facts about me:
1. I am an aunt for the first time since December 2012
2. My brother allowed me to name my nephew – his name is Joshua (he is the most adorable little dumpling)
3. I don’t like to reveal my age – so don’t ask
4. Whenever I get upset I get coldly polite (a sort of frozen sweetness)
5. I have taken time off from school during the final semester of my master’s degree program
6. I am doing free online courses with Coursera
7. I love to argue – I will even play devil’s advocate
8. I am not religious – actually I am quite anti-religion
9. I haven’t been in a relationship since 2009
10. I am too anemic to exercise
11. I was diagnosed with a personality disorder
My 11 Questions for my nominees are:
1.What is the title of your favorite book?
2. What are your views on God or religion?
3. What is your favorite color and why?
4. What were you most afraid of as a child?
5. What character in entertainment do you most identify with and why?
6. When was the last time you cried?
7. If you died tomorrow what would you regret not doing the most?
8. What are you most proud of?
9. What is your favorite flavor?
10. What song is currently number 1 on your playlist?
11. What would you want for your last meal ever?
My 11 Nominees Are (I’m a little short but will complete asap)
1. Let’s Chat – “It’s really hard to walk in a single woman’s shoes — that’s why you sometimes need really special shoes!” ~ Sex in the City
2. Project Sara – Always in effect
3. Viva la Kat A Strophic – Oh the places I go…
4. Depression Time – living with depression, panic, pills, sluggish response times, magnets, and big damn dreams